Madrid has a broad and diverse range of activities for children who travel to the capital in school groups or as a family to come back with a pleasant and unforgettable memory of their stay in Madrid. We propose some of the almost infinite options that Madrid has to offer for children to enjoy a weekend getaway, as there are places for leisure and entertainment for all tastes.
Warner Park and other amusement parks in Madrid
This is one of the most popular theme parks in Madrid. Although it is not located in the capital itself, it is only 25 km away, in San Martín de la Vega.
The park covers 150 hectares and features amusement areas, rides, shows, shops and restaurants for the whole family. In addition, the kids can interact with their favourite Warner characters, and new attractions and proposals are introduced every year.
Other theme parks with great options for children and adults to enjoy are Parque Europa, Micripolix or Parque de Atracciones in the heart of the capital (Casa de Campo), easily accessible, even by public transport.
Faunia: the perfect plan for travelling with children to Madrid and have fun
Faunia is a 14-hectare space dedicated to the representation of natural ecosystems from all over the world, where visitors can live experiences of interaction with animals: aquatic mammals such as dolphins, or tropical birds such as Rainbow Parrots and Turacos.
The animal and plant variety found in the Temperate Forest, in the African Forest of Faunia or the replica of Antarctica with its seven species of penguins, and the Amazon Jungle with freshwater fish or manatees (fascinating aquatic mammals), manage to provide an impressive and unforgettable entertainment experience.
Other activities for a getaway with children in Madrid
It is not only in the capital that there are activities available when travelling with children. Here we suggest other parks where you can enjoy with your children and make them come to our flats looking forward to rest:
- Aquapolis, in San Fernando de Henares, with its large slides, water jets, waterfalls and many varieties of fun showers to cool off in summer.
- Burrolandia, in Tres Cantos, where you can learn about the care and feeding of farm animals.
Museums for children in Madrid
Children can also have a lot of fun visiting museums in Madrid.
- The Robot Museum is a space in C/ Alberto Aguilera where children and adults can travel back in time and admire and interact with robots that are part of the history and future of robotics: Star Wars androids, the humanoid robots NAO or EMROS, or dog robots. The humanoid robot Pepper accompanies you throughout the visit, giving explanations and interacting with visitors to make the experience unforgettable.
- The Railway Museum where you can see the old locomotives, and the activities with interesting workshops that take place throughout the year, will delight the youngest visitors.
- La Casita del Ratoncito Pérez tells and recreates the story and house of the most famous rodent for children.
- Giraluna is a world of magic and colour in a Mediterranean forest setting, with fun manual activities, as well as enjoying interacting with farm animals and caring for plants.
- Ilusiona Diversia in Alcobendas (Heron Diversia shopping centre, Av. De Bruselas 21-23) has attractions of all kinds and for all ages: children’s playground and ball pool, bowling, simulators and many other activities to make your visit a great plan for the whole family.
Have you made a note of all the activities to do with children on a family getaway to Madrid? Book at Génova 5 the best accommodation in the centre of Madrid.